How to disinfect your Catchbox cover and other product parts
This article will guide you through the process of disinfecting your Catchbox Cover and other product parts.
- Best practices - before using Catchbox
- Best practices - after using Catchbox
- Disinfection - what to avoid
We are continuing to research and look for ways to effectively disinfect the Catchbox Cover and other product parts with the least possible impact on the product. These guidelines will be continually updated with the latest recommendations.
IMPORTANT: Please keep in mind that even with the guidelines described above, Catchbox can not guarantee a 100% protection against viruses and bacteria. For more information on Covid-19 and best general hygiene practices, we recommend consulting with your local disease control and prevention experts and national instances. Always wash and disinfect your hands before using Catchbox.
Best practices - before using Catchbox
Based on research, here are some tips on the best ways to take care of your product.
- Clean your Catchbox product and product parts according to our guidelines before the disinfection process.
- Disinfect your Catchbox Cover with any common alcohol-containing disinfection solution (preferably a spray solution). Please know that disinfection can reduce the effectiveness of the water-repellent coating.
- If necessary, the water-repellent coating can be reapplied by using water-repellent coating solutions commonly used for outdoor equipment.
- Follow general personal hygiene & safety practices and wear individual safety masks in general and when using Catchbox.
Best practices - after using Catchbox
In light of current circumstances, we recommend cleaning & disinfecting your Catchbox Cover after each use. Here's how to best care for your product:
- Clean off any residue on the Cover (follow the instructions on this article).
- Spray the Cover with an alcohol-based disinfection solution and let it air-dry completely before the next use. In our experience, using the disinfection sprays on a gently cleaned Cover and letting it dry off is the best way with the least impact on the product.
- Use as little brushing and friction when cleaning and disinfecting your Catchbox Cover.
- Foam caps can be washed in a washing machine with gentle laundry detergent or hand washed with liquid soap. Make sure to air-dry them completely before attaching back to the Catchbox transmitter.
Disinfection - what to avoid
Here are some don'ts of Catchbox product disinfection:
- Do not submerge the Catchbox cover fully in water or other cleaning/disinfection solutions! This can damage the magnet element and the construction of the Cover.
- Do not brush the cover with hard brushes - use only gentle motions when cleaning or disinfecting the Cover.
- Do not clean or disinfect the microphone element! Do not apply any cleaning or disinfecting solutions to it. The foam cap protects the microphone element from dirt accumulation. Proceed with cleaning the foam cap as described above.
- Do not apply alcohol-based disinfection solutions to Catchbox product parts like receivers, Wireless chargers, and Presenter Mics. This can result in damages to the outer shell.