There are several reasons why there might not be any sound output after connecting your whole audio setup.
No audio - troubleshooting steps
These are the first things to check when troubleshooting:
- Is Catchbox turned on? Turn on the Catchbox Lite or Plus transmitter and receiver - the status LED indicator lights should light up green. For Catchbox Mod, turn on the Mod microphone capsule (the LED should turn green) and the 3rd party beltpack transmitter and receiver.
- If you’re having trouble with turning on your Catchbox, please check this article for more details.
- Are the transmitter and receiver paired? If not, pair both devices. If using Catchbox Mod, pair the 3rd party beltpack transmitter with the receiver accordingly to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Adjust the gain and volume level - start by adjusting the gain level for the mic input, then adjust the volume starting from the Catchbox transmitter further towards the audio mixer or speaker.
- Check computer audio input/output settings - after connecting your Catchbox Lite or Plus to a computer, check the audio settings, and make sure the Catchbox microphone is selected as the audio input. See if the audio output is also selected as needed.
Other possible solutions
After following the troubleshooting steps above, the majority of the issues with no sound output should be resolved.
However, here are some other known possible situations that can cause no sound output:
- When connecting Catchbox Plus to an audio mixer or a speaker, make sure to check if the audio inputs of your equipment are balanced or unbalanced. Follow these guidelines to find the best way to connect your audio device with Catchbox.
- If there is no sound when speaking into the Catchbox Plus microphone but there’s a slight noise when tapping on the microphone, this might indicate an issue with the accelerometer. Please let us know if you’re experiencing this by filling the Report a problem contact form - we’ll help! Don't forget to attach a short audio/video recording, so we could resolve this for you as soon as possible.
If everything is checked and set up correctly and yet there’s still no sound, please reach out to us by filling the Report a Problem contact form. We’ll get back to you ASAP!